Sunday, October 21, 2007

The Super Dooper Sitcom Project #1

Hi there, Friends, Family, and Customers,

OK, this is my first blog on this project, so forgive me if it's not amazing. But it is amazing because, a) I have a lot to say, and b) I'm writing it. So fuck you (not really) but fuck you anyway.

So far my time away has been a blast. I've spent lots of cash (I'm broke now, for a little while at least), and had lots of crazy adventures up mountains and down rivers, and in people's garages. I consumed enough alcohol to kill a herd of elephants, but at least I felt like I accomplished something. There is a herd of elephants out there who are now safe. I'm a hero.

Now, it's been about 4 weeks since I started writing the sitcom. It's still very raw and in need of tweaking, but those unfortunate few who I demanded feedback from have so far liked what they read.

So what's the point of this blog? Well, I wanted to get the documenting of the process started early so I don't have to back track later on.

"So what's this sitcom project all about then? I hear you say it's super-dooper or something." That's right. It is so super-dooper that I can't give you all the details. All I can say to the general public at the moment (including family and friends) is that there will be Seven (hopefully) televised episodes, and one that will be free to download from the project website. I have still to discuss the ins and outs of this episode with some new media oriented web-based super geeks, because I want it to kick some serious ass.

If you enjoy comedy then this is for you. If you don't, then you are probably a serial killer and awaiting execution on death-row in Texas. I don't agree with the State of Texas' policy on capital punishment, but unfortunately (as if awaiting imminent electrocution wasn't bad enough) this may not be made in time. However, if you are a buddhist and believe in reincarnation then perhaps you will come back as a dog and your owner may have a copy of the series on box set. This will be at some point in the near future. I always wanted to know what the future was like, but I am now veering off the subject.

So far I am on episode Five (about half-way through) but am planning of making a few minor changes in the previous episodes to add a bit more intrigue and drama.

I set out wanting to write a 2-part short drama on Russian military scientists during the end of the second-world-war. It ended up being a surreal comedy about a bar and the employees there-in.

I think the change of heart came when I decided to become a vegetarian and started going mad. I think it's the lack of protein in my diet. I still look like a greek god, I just need a hair cut. I would get one but after having seen the current styles in Spain I decided I'll wait. Spain also has CHAVS. However, here they are called SPAVS and they're all really nice and non-violent.
I am currently sat here in the same spot I've been in for the last 4 weeks of my waking life, writing a load of garbage, but well. Because I am a writer, and writing is my creed.

Back to the sitcom, anyway, after suffering from lack of motivation and cigarettes, I decided to wash my clothes as I had run out of clean socks and underwear.

OK, back to the sitcom. I will need recruits for extras when this hopefully gets underway. A web-form should be accessible on the website when it's up and running. Hopefully there should be a few shorts posted up there during pre-production to whet your appetites. And what kind of evil demon would I be if I didn't provide a forum for everyone to sing my praises at how great and creative, and strong and hairy I am? I'll tell you what kind. An unconsciencious one.

These are my disjoined thoughts, plans, and ramblings regarding life, sitcoms, and underwear (so far).

I have been wearing my PJ's all day and it's now time to do some washing up/writing. Hooray!

No comments: